Welcome!

Hey folks,

Welcome to my blog. Hope you like bikes, bodybuilding, and food.

Cheers.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Post-Surgery Couch Surfing

Hey y'all,

So I went in for a minor medical thing on Monday, and my mother decided to show up with a camera. Great. After the procedure, I spent a couple of days recovering at a family friend's apartment (because going there didn't require me to climb any stairs). I wasn't too keen on staying with them in the beginning, but I got free food and lodging in exchange for one day of babysitting my friend's daughter. That's a pretty good deal in my book!

Babysitting simply entailed me working the microwave (or oven) whenever my friend's daughter got hungry, so it wasn't incredibly strenuous. Oh, and there was an unlimited supply of cartoons on TV, so we both got to spend the day laughing at Bugs Bunny and the rest of the Looney Tunes characters. (We won't tell her mother that we ate gummy bears with lunch.) At the end of the day we even baked cookies, but I'm pretty sure this kid was just using me to work the oven and handle the hot baking sheet. She already knew the recipe like the back of her hand. Psh, kids these days...

Me with an iPod at the ready

The day after surgery...two thumbs up!

This girl was extremely well behaved. Can't they make more of these instead of those whiny brats we see in supermarkets?

She has the recipe infused in her brain: set up cookie dough + give to adult for baking.

Chicken and vegetables (read: not ice cream)

It was good eats from the moment I got back to my Dad's place:

This helped me get through the week.

 Money shot!

And now I'm off to watch some more episodes of Man v. Food. It's a legendary show, so check it out. By the way, Netflix is awesome when your mobility is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment