Welcome!

Hey folks,

Welcome to my blog. Hope you like bikes, bodybuilding, and food.

Cheers.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Couch Surfing in New Orleans

Hey everyone,

Finals are over, and with that there are some fun updates to share with the world. First and foremost, the team had a meet and greet with Tulane University's president and athletic director the other day. Allie couldn't be there, but the two gentlemen in khakis were quite impressed when they found out that she helped pull us to a victory at Conference Championships and that she was racing at Nationals as we spoke.

Tulane Cycling meeting with Tulane's president and athletic director

After the meeting, I went home, threw on a t-shirt and joined a friend for gelato at Angelo Brocato's. It's just one of those places that you have to revisit before going home for the summer. After finishing my gelato, I had to order a spumone wedge (in Italian, spumoni is plural and spumone is singular). I saw a bag of broken cookies for sale on my way out, so I bought it and munched at the treats on the way to the fly. When all was said and done, I had accidentally [eaten] the whole package. Whoops.

Tartufo gelato

Spumone

Enjoying the spumone

Bag of assorted Italian cookies

It was one of those "you-just-can't-put-down" types of snacks.

Saturday provided some free time for a nice little stroll through the city once I checked out of my dorm. (I'm currently couch surfing at a good friend's house while exploring New Orleans.) So with the camera battery charged and some loose cash, another friend and I walked to a variety of places in the city and had a fun time being touristy. A notable place we visited is called Meltdown Popsicles, and they make the best frozen fruit treats you'll ever taste. They were so good that we had to backtrack to get more. Absolutely worth the walk.

Beautiful abandoned church I found in the city

New Orleans Pharmacy Museum

St. Louis Cathedral

Ceiling of the cathedral

Old burial site (inside the cathedral)

Meltdown Popsicles!

Yes, that's a boom box (and a mime).

Later on in the day we walked over to Whole Foods to pick up some lunch. The chicken and vegetable potstickers at Whole Foods weren't half bad, and they packed a tasty punch that couldn't quite be matched by the insane supply of oats and peanut butter that I've been trying to whittle down since April.

Chicken and vegetable potstickers for the win!

Oh, by the way, happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. You are the reason I wasn't able to get my fix of eggs and hash browns at the local diner this morning (long wait times). That being said, it's your day, and thank you for carrying us to term.

2 comments: